Monday 11 April 2016

Practical Presents - Part 2!

Following on from my first sally into making a 'thank you' gift for a teacher, I thought about the stuff my own daughter uses in her classrooms - planner pins, paper clips, funky pens, post-its, and so on - and I thought how cool it would be to incorporate some of those into a gift box 

- and yes I know that if you go to any major supermarket you can get any amount of office stationery for next to nothing so why would anyone want to buy a gift box with bits and bobs in it?.....

Well, why not?  why must teacher gifts be limited to flowers, or mugs, or plants or whatever?  I know some parents go completely overboard in their gift giving - and actually that can cause great embarrassment for teachers as they're not really allowed to accept very expensive gifts - bribery and corruption and all that - but something small, with a very cute and practical theme - ideal to show appreciation without embarrassment.







Check out this great tutorial on Pinterest for post-it note boxes - here












I also came across some rather neat bookmarks - origami style - another great way of using up odd paper remnants ...
- pinned here -



As daughter pointed out, these are really suitable for primary rather than secondary teachers - fair enough - but sadly there are very few male primary teachers.... still, there must be some around somewhere....

....so another trip to Colemans for a nosey through their fab cardstock ....

and this is what I came up with for lady teachers and assistants ...


and for male teachers and assistants ...


Spot the twine!  My dad never threw away string - he had a mass of bits of string of all lengths and sorts and drove my mum nuts because they cluttered up her kitchen drawers....

so it was the obvious thing to do - add a length of twine to the box for the chaps.... just in case.....  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment